How to Find Passwords in Secure Password Storage
When you enter a website address or you want to log in an online account, Internet Explorer and Firefox will prompt you whether you want to remember the password. Most people will choose "Yes", because it is very convenient. They may think that it is their own computer, so their personal information is very low likely to be stolen. Therefore, their user name and password are stored in the secure password storage of the Web browser. Such "Remember me" option is called auto-complete, and the passwords are saved in the secure password storage . It is very useful, but it is actually very dangerous, especially in the password stored in the secure password storage of Firefox. Each stored passwords can be easily found. Now let me tell you how to find the password in the secure password storage.
How to view stored passwords in the secure password storage of Internet Explorer:
1. Though IE stores your passwords in encrypted form in the secure password storage of the Windows Registry database, anyone can easily view your passwords by using a password managing tool.
2. PowerSuite Golden can automatically displays a list all auto-complete entries saved inside the secure password storage of Internet Explorer.
How to view stored passwords in the secure password storage of Firefox:
1. In Firefox, it gets much simpler and anyone who knows how to use the mouse can see all your passwords stored inside the secure password storage of Firefox.
2. Press the Tools button.
3. Press Options.
4. Press Security.
5. Press the Show Passwords button.
6. Then all the password which you have ever asked Firefox to remember will appear instantly.
As a result, in order to keep yourself safe, please uncheck the “Prompt me to save passwords” button in Internet Explorer or the “Set Master Password” button in Firefox. The passwords which saved in the secure password storage are not secure actually.