How to Find Network Password for Wireless Network
Problems of Network Password Recovery:
The wireless network users often have problems with network password. As a result, it’s necessary to know the way to find network password for wireless network. This article will give you a step by step guide. Hope it will be helpful to you.
Procedure of Finding Wireless Network Password:
1. Use a computer which is wired directly to the router.
2. Open Internet Explorer or Firefox and type the default address of the router, such as http://192.168.1.1/.
3. Click on Go or hit Enter.
4. It will ask you for a username and password, but the default router does not have a username, so just leave the field blank and type "admin" for the password.
5. When you are in the router setup page, click on the Wireless Tab at the top of the page.
6. When you are in the Wireless Tab, you click the sub tab “Wireless Security” right under the word Wireless.
7. On this page you will see the Security Mode. If your security mode is set to WEP, such as 64bit or 128 bit, you will have four sets of keys available.
8. Then you can find out which password to use to find out the Default Transmit (Tx) Key. If your default transmit key is set to 1, then you can use the password in Network key 1 to connect to the wireless network.
9. If your Security mode is set to WPA, such as Personal/Pres-Shared Key/PSK, the password in the box of the WPA-shared key or Pass phrase, or maybe named Personal Key is the password for wireless network.
10. Now you know the network password, so you are able to connect to your wireless network and get online wirelessly.
If you are bothered by the complicated steps above, you also can choose a network password finder such as PowerSuite Golden, to find network password with a few clicks in seconds.