How to Protect Your Passwords
Passwords protect our emails, band accounts and even computers from hacking by others. It is so important, but who protects our passwords. Actually, we need to treat our passwords with as much care as we treat our private information. Although we can use password managing tools such as password recovery software to protect our passwords, they still need the ability to protect themselves. As a result, we need to use strong passwords to log on to our computers and to any website, including social networking sites where we enter our credit card numbers or any financial or personal information.
Instructions of password protection:
1. Never provide your passwords in emails or in response to an email request, because Internet "phishing" scams use fraudulent email messages to entice you to reveal your user names and passwords, so that they can steal your identity.
2. Do not type passwords into the public computers, such as those in Internet cafes, computer labs, kiosk systems, and airport lounges. Cyber criminals can purchase keystroke logging devices, so that they can gather information which has been typed on public computers, including passwords. If you need to regularly check email from a public computer, you can consider using password recovery software, which allows you to obtain a single-use code.
3. Don't reveal your passwords to others. Keep your passwords hidden from friends or family members (especially children), who could probably pass them on to other less trustworthy individuals.
4. Protect any recorded passwords. Don't store passwords on a file in your computer, because criminals will look there first. Keep your record of the passwords you use in a safe, secure place.
5. Use more than one password. Use different passwords for different websites and services.
6. Set long passwords for password protection. According to the related research, hackers can usually crack anything with seven characters or fewer, but they would be unlikely to guess passwords with nine characters or more.
7. Change your password in a certain time to make your password more secret for yourself and also more difficult for others to steal or break.
If you lost your password or forget it, please don't worry too much, you can use password finder tools such as PowerSuite Golden, to recover your passwords and reset it with another safer passwords.