How to Reset Windows Live Password
If you forgot your Windows Live password and can’t log in the account, you still have ways to get your password back. Only if you have other email addresses, such as Yahoo or Gmail, you can reset Windows Live password easily. If you don’t have other email addresses, you can download a password recovery software to help you. Now let’s learn how to reset Windows Live password through other email address.
1. In the page when you try to log in the Windows Live, click on the "Forgot your password?" button.
2. Now you need to type your Windows Live ID again, and the CAPTCHA blank, which is a simple visual recognition test that confirms you're not a program trying to hack an account but a real human being.
3. Click the "Continue" button and it will show two options for you to recover the password: get the password with location information and your secret question and answer, or have the system email you your lost password.
4. Now we are talking how to reset Windows Live password through other email address, so click on the button "Send password reset instructions to me in e-mail".
5. If you have typed your backup email address when you sighed up the Windows Live account, it will show the address now. If not, you need to type your alternative email address.
6. After choosing the email address, click on "Continue".
7. Check your email box. A message will arrive with a URL and some simple instructions on how to reset Windows live password.
8. Click on the URL in the message and do as the instructions said.
9. Type the new password and click on “Continue”.
10. Now you have reset Windows Live password. What you need to do is to log in again with the new password. This time, please remember it.
If you think the methods above are too complicated, you can download a password recovery software to help you.