How to Retrieve and Reset Gmail Password
Computer experts say: the password should be changed once a week. If you are concerned about your privacy, then you should listen to the words of the experts. After listening to the words of experts, your privacy is the protection and the safe, but the new problem occurred: you forget your password! In this way, no password, you can’t enter the Gmail account at all. Your Email has become useless. Don’t worry, I can tell you how to retrieve Gmail password and reset Gmail password.
Get Gmail password back:
First of all, please make sure that: you have a secondary email address specified for your Gmail account, or you have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days. If your condition is accordant to one of them, please follow the steps:
1. Press the "I cannot access my account" link from the Gmail log-in page.
2. Press the button "I've forgotten my password".
3. Enter your Gmail user name.
4. Press Submit.
5. Enter the letters in the captcha blank into the field beneath the image.
6. Press Submit.
7. If you have a secondary email address, click on the Google Password Assistance message in your secondary email account.
8. Follow “the password reset” link, or you can enter the answer to your security question.
9. Press Submit.
10. Enter the new password.
11. Re-enter the new password to confirm it.
12. Press Reset password.
13. Now you can retrieve Gmail password.
If you have used your Gmail account in the past five days and you don’t have a specified secondary email account, you can wait for another five days and then you can retrieve Gmail password.
Reset Gmail Password:
1. Sign in to your Gmail account.
2. Find "Account settings" on the top right corner and enter it.
3. In the "Personal Settings", click "Changing your password".
4. Then you can reset your Gmail password here by providing your current password or the answer to your security question.
The password you set here should be stronger, and avoid to use your own name or other common numbers such as 123456 as your Gmail password, for they are very easy to be broken by others. Of course, you should remember the new password every time when you reset it, or it's quite annoying to find password back every time and wasting time.