How to Stop Windows Remembering Password?
As is known to all that Windows has the function to keep track of the users’ names and passwords when they visit different websites. Such function to remember passwords is called "Auto-complete." Actually, though auto-complete features are convenient, they do not store the passwords securely. Imagine your privacy is simply stored in an unlock computer and exposed to any person who can access to your computer, or even worse, by any program running on your computer. Your stored passwords will easily become the targets for viruses because viruses know exactly where the auto-complete programs store them. Therefore, stop Windows remembering passwords right now!
If you use Internet Explorer to surf the Internet, you can following the following steps:
1. Open the IE.
2. Click on the "Tools" menu.
3. Click on "Internet Options".
4. Click on the "Content" tab.
5. Click on the "Auto-complete" button. Wait till the "Auto-complete Settings" screen appears.
6. Uncheck the box which says "User names and passwords on forms".
7. Click on "Clear Passwords" in the "Clear Auto-complete history section" field.
8. A new box will appear and ask "Clear all previously saved form passwords?".
9. Click on "Ok".
If you use Mozilla Firefox to surf the Internet, you can following the following steps:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click on the "Tools".
3. Click on "Options".
4. Click on the "Privacy" section in the left side of the window.
5. Click on "Saved Passwords".
6. Uncheck the box which says "Remember Passwords".
7. Click on "Clear".
8. A new box will appear and ask "Remove all saved passwords?".
9. Click on "Remove All Passwords".
After you have stopped Windows remembering your passwords, you may need a safe and secure place to keep your confidential information. PowerSuite Golden is tool that will can and encrypt passwords, files and other personal information.